Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The 2012 election two weeks later:

The re-election of Obama and the gain in Senate seats by Democrats has definitely shaken up conservatives. There have been many lamentations about how the country is headed for the toilet, that the voters were bribed - or stupid. And a casting around for a quick fix (e.g. immigration reform).

The Republican party, by so securely tying itself to a diminishing demographic, is in trouble.

Reading the remarks by prominent right wing bloggers and listening to various right wing radio hosts, they are, at least for now, totally unwilling to change their policies and politics. Yet it does seem as if their time is passing, if not already past.

They come off much like monarchists lamenting the end of the reign of Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany.

There were monarchists for a few decades after World War I, but they eventually dwindled to almost zero and never had a chance of getting their way.

Unless the Republicans make a big move away from their current policy/demographic mix, they risk the same future.


The 47% R-MONEY complained of at a fundraiser apparently took pity on him and voted for R-MONEY/R-AYN 2012. Fortunately, the remaining 53% voted against their own pocketbooks in re-electing Obama/Biden.

But don't feel badly for R-MONEY, as he has a theatrical career starring in The Music Man and/or Death of a Salesman, with Tagg as his son in the latter. And let's give R-MONEY credit for being smart enough not to fund his campaign with his own money, a lesson he learned from his vulture investor days.

By Blogger Shag from Brookline, at 11/22/2012 5:25 AM does that work. My wife and I are still waiting for our gifts. Is there an on-line catalog that we're suppose to go to to pick out our gifts?

By Anonymous Rockie the Dog, at 11/22/2012 7:08 AM  

Yeah, but those German monarchists made a last bet on a certain Austrian corporal, fooling themselves that he would restore old Willy (or his son)to the throne. Mr.Toothbrush Mustache, as it turned out, had other plans.
Sore losers in the US tried something similar but chose the 'wrong' military officer. I hear there is talk of 'we need a better butler' in certain well-to-do circles.


By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/25/2012 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment