First, Geraldo Rivera
It's those crime scene surveillance tapes. Every time you see someone sticking up a 7-11, the kid is wearing a hoodie. Every time you see a mugging on a surveillance camera or they get the old lady in the alcove, it's a kid wearing a hoodie. You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangsta, you're gonna be a gangsta wannabe? Well, people are going to perceive you as a menace. ...
When you see a black or Latino youngster, particularly on the street, you walk to the other side of the street. You try to avoid that confrontation. Trayvon Martin's you know, god bless him, he's an innocent kid, a wonderful kid, a box of Skittles in his hand. He didn't deserve to die. But I'll bet you money, if he didn't have that hoodie on, that -- that nutty neighborhood watch guy wouldn't have responded in that violent and aggressive way.
Second, the inevitable tweets: (various feeds)
- #Geraldovshoodies A guy in a hoodie stole the crucial artifacts from Capone's vault before Geraldo opened it.
- #Geraldovshoodies That white supremacist who whacked Geraldo with a chair? Yep, wore a hoodie.
- Yes, I shot Geraldo, but that mustache... I thought he was going to tie me to the railroad tracks.
- If you see a hoodie, why even call the cops? It's your ground. Stand it.
- I'm proposing a five day waiting period on hoodie purchases, as well.
- And a ban on "assault hoodies."
- Are we tracking online hoodie purchases?
- Can't. Record of purchase has to be destroyed within 24 hours.
- End the Hoodie Show Loophole
- I think wearing tri-cornered hats in the 21st century is kind of suspicious.
- George Zimmerman just shot Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- HAS IRAN DEVELOPED HOODIE TECHNOLOGY??