uggabugga





Sunday, February 12, 2012

CBS Evening News continues to promote consumerism:

On the Sunday CBS Evening News, there was a short segment about a survey that forecasts Valentine's Day purchases.

$126 per person!

Up 8.5% from 2010!

No source for these figures was stated out loud. Instead, at the bottom of the graphic in very tiny letters was:
SOURCE: NATIONAL RETAIL FEDERATION
Here's a screenshot:


That's the outfit that consistently hypes sales figures (especially around "Black Friday").

Go out and spend! After all, everybody else is going to.



4 comments

It's harder to get laid when you're unemployed.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/14/2012 3:07 PM  

So what do you do if you've got time on your hands? [Hidden clue.]

By Blogger Shag from Brookline, at 2/15/2012 2:46 AM  

I spent $1 on a heart shaped balloon. My wife wasn't supposed to buy anything but she wound up getting me some candy. I'm just going to let my kid have it.

By Anonymous e, nonee moose, at 2/15/2012 5:18 AM  

My wife and I ate our cat for Valentine's dinner.

In the long run, it will be a net savings.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/25/2012 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment