uggabugga





Saturday, January 08, 2011

Jonah Goldberg's first reaction:

Note the order of his concerns:
I’ve been trying to follow the story today while balancing some other obligations. I’ve been reading the instant-reaction on Twitter and on the web and I’ve been trying to filter out the urge to vent my rage at those who immediately shoe-horned these awful crimes into their ideological prism. There have been some truly disgusting displays of opportunism out there. I will confess to having made those kinds of mistakes in the past and I try very hard to learn from those mistakes.

If I had my druthers, the news networks would ban political commentators of all stripes for the first 24 hours after these kinds of tragedies. The rush to be wrong first is just too hard for some to resist. If anyone cares, my column on the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting captures pretty well my feelings about the day.

Anyway, I’m going to hold off commenting until we know more. My thoughts and prayers to the families of all concerned.


2 comments

Why don't you do a little introspection on your own first reaction.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/08/2011 9:44 PM  

If I had my druthers, the news networks would ban political commentators permanently.

By Anonymous Rockie the Dog, at 1/09/2011 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment