Newt Gingrich's appearance on Fox News Sunday:
Was classic Newt. The transcript
is now up. The guy throws out the following zingers about Obama and the Democrats:
- clearly a machine.
- a Chicago-style machine
- pay czar in the White House
- gay agenda,
- would have literally abolished the Catholic Church in Connecticut
- a continuous, relentless anti-religious bias
- if it weren't so serious it would be laughable
- represents as great a threat to America as Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union once did
- the secular- socialist left represents a fundamental replacement of America
- a very serious threat to our way of life
- a bureaucracy which is self- selected
- a government agency of unelected people who decide they can literally rewrite the entire economy
- a value system that's very hard to deal with
- an antimilitary Supreme Court justice
The Eye of Newt continues to wander as he engages in non-prophet profiteering.
Don't worry. A wise man once said, "If there is any politician of the current generation who has earned the label 'visionary,' it is probably the Georgia Republican and former speaker of the House."
And when has David Broder ever been wrong about anything?
Perhaps Newt's vision was examined by Dr. Rand Paul. (Please! No blind leading the blind comments.)
Tim Rutten's column in today's (5/22/10) LATimes "Newt's tea party - The former GOP speaker has latched onto the movement as the key to his political fortunes" says that Newt has a new book out attacking Pres. Obama as a secular socialist and that Newt's considering a run for the presidency in 2012. Yes, the eye of Newt continues to wander at age 67 but his feet cannot keep up with his mouth.