Who loves South Carolina?South Carolina
has been in the news this year:
- Governor Mark Sanford:
- Rejected stimulus money.
- Rejected extending unemployment benefits.
- Senator Jim DeMint:
- A believer in Tenth Amendment nullification for all sorts of programs.
- Opposes health care reform (it would be Obama's "Waterloo").
- Representative Joe Wilson:
- Shouts "You lie!" at the president during an address to a joint session.
- (In the past) Said Essie Mae Washington-Williams should not have revealed she was the daughter of the late Senator Strom Thurmond because "it's a smear" on Thurmond's image.
What a state! Any fans of South Carolina in this day and age?
Actually, yes. Remember this nugget from last year in August? Obama planned to take a short break from campaigning to visit his ailing grandmother
in Hawaii (she died two days before the presidential election). Cokie Roberts
...going off this week I know his grandmother lives in Hawaii and I know Hawaii is a state, but it has the look of him going off to some sort of foreign, exotic place. He should be at Myrtle Beach ...Myrtle Beach
is in South Carolina.
Cokie Roberts is a moron who'd have flipped burgers for a living had it not been for her privileged background.
You left out that, despite the raging christian fundamentalism that pervades state politics, the Lt. Governor turns out to be gay, and the secretary of education writes lesbian porn in her spare time.
These are all obviously people of strong conviction and tremendous moral certitude.
And just how did Roberts get the "Cokie" moniker? A nose for news?