Saturday, August 08, 2009
Making a list of health care protests: (and some of their enablers)
- Aug 07 Lou Dobbs: "This White House is leading us to is direct confrontation, a physical confrontation. ... President Obama will take full responsibility for what happens here. ... He's fanning the flames of a mob"
- Aug 07 Threatening messages left at the SEIU headquarters
- Aug 07 An anti-health care reform protester advocates carrying guns to the health care meetings
- Aug 07 Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) said health care reform could result in an Obama-created "death panel" killing her infant son with Down Syndrome
- Aug 07 Americans for Prosperity compares health care reform to Holocaust, tells protesters to put 'Fear of God' in members of Congress
- Aug 07 Fox News directs viewers to town halls hosted by Democrats
- Aug 06 Rep. Bob Inglis (R-SC) faced a rowdy crowd at a town hall forum on health care
- Aug 06 Arrests in St. Louis at an event hosted by Rep. Russ Carnahan
- Aug 06 Teabaggers get rowdy at Dingell’s health care town hall
- Aug 06 Rep. Steve Kagen (D-WI) faced a “heated” discussion about health care at a town hall meeting (Television report)
- Aug 06 Woman who said she was ‘Just a mom’ at town hall meeting is exposed as a Republican operative
- Aug 06 An angry mob of protesters disrupted a health care forum in Tampa, FL - attended by state Rep. Betty Reed (D) and U.S. Rep. Kathy Castor (D)
- Aug 05 At least one freshman Democrat” has been “physically assaulted at a local event”
- Aug 05 Threatening phone calls escalate to a death threat for Rep. Brad Miller (D-NC) over the health care bill
- Aug 04 The head of the local Tea Party group up in Rome, New York, yells 'liar' over and over at Steny Hoyer
- Aug 04 Crowd laughs and applauds at Rep. Akin’s (R-MO) comment about lawmakers almost being ‘lynched’ at town halls
- Aug 04 Tea Bag protestors at Chris Dodd's health care event in Hartford call on the senator to deal with his recently diagnosed cancer by committing suicide
- Aug 04 Reps. McGovern (D) and Neal (D) heckled and shouted down several times by unruly Bay State Teabaggers at a townhall event U Mass Medical School
- Aug 03 Angry right harasses Rep. Lloyd Doggett with anti-health care chants
- Aug 03 Rep. Gene Green (D-TX) hosted a rowdy town hall meeting to discuss health care reform; some attendees admit they don’t live in the district
- Aug 03 Rep. Steve Kagen's (D-WI) town hall was targeted by the Wisconsin chapter of Americans for Prosperity and was “repeatedly disrupted”
- Aug 03 An angry crowd exploded at Sen. Arlen Specter (D-PA) and Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius
- Aug 01 Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich. chased by a crowd saying the Pledge of Allegiance (YouTube)
- Jul 31 A volunteer with the FreedomWorks website Tea Party Patriots details how members should be infiltrating town halls and harassing Democratic members of Congress
- Jul 30 House Republican Leader John Boehner: Dems Who Back Government-Run Health Care Are in for "A Very, Very Hot Summer"
- Jul 28 A "demonstration" at a local town hall meeting on health care put on by Senator McCaskill's staff
- Jul 28 Anti-health care protesters hang freshman Democrat in effigy
- Jul 22 After a town hall meeting was disrupted by an “unruly mob” of tea party activists, Rep. Tim Bishop (D-NY) had to be escorted to his car by police
- Jul 16 Betsy McCaughey: “Congress would make it mandatory, absolutely require, that every five years, people in Medicare have a required counseling session that will tell them how to end their life sooner”
- Jul 06 Freshman Rep. Dan Maffei's (D-N.Y.) event at a Syracuse middle school was disrupted
- Jun 30 Moderate Republican Mike Castle (R-DE) hits a wall of right-wing rage during a town hall meeting
NOTES: Marginal cases were excluded (e.g. only one person yelling at an event). Dates should be accurate, but may be one day off due to failure of report to say exactly when the event took place.
Reading/listening to all this is bad for my health and their impact on my health is not covered by my health insurance.
That's a valuable information in case some idiot argues it's all random. Thanks.
I'm all for the Soylet Green clause and the manditory sex change operations.
Why doesn't anybody mention the closed "town hall" meetings so popular during the previous administration? I haven't heard one mention of those events.
The closed townhall meetings were presidential affairs, not congressional events.
I'm not sure why the congress-people try electronic meeting. It would work like a blog, they could always block inappropriate comments.
daniel, that would be helpful to remind people republican town halls were closed and questions pre-selected.