uggabugga





Sunday, May 17, 2009

Children's Crusade:

After reading those bible quotes in Rumsfeld's reports to the president, I would think that many, perhaps most, Christians would be offended by such usage. But what do I know?

UPDATE: Interesting comment at ABC's The Note:
But what bothers me even more at an intellectual level is this sense of marketing strategy that lies behind these reports. What on earth do they need slogans for or graphics (beyond the normal graphs and charts)? Are not the officials of our government grown up and intellectually developed enough to make decisions without all the stupid bells and whistles you'd find on, say, an issue of GQ? Good lord. This just seems like a bubble-headed waste of time and money and the work of people who can't defend their thesis with a logical argument. My god, if I turned in my college thesis with a graphic and a biblical slogan unrelated to the material on the front, I would have been laughed out of my seminar. These are intelligence reports not marketing brochures. Hopefully with the change of administration we have some grownups in office who don't need pretty pictures to help them digest potentially dry information.


1 comments

Are not the officials of our government grown up and intellectually developed enough to make decisions without all the stupid bells and whistles?The documents had an intended audience of one. Connect the dots.

By Anonymous Jeff, at 5/17/2009 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment