Wat an ugly couple of weeks:
Let's see, what has McCain (or his campaign) asserted recently:
- That Obama would lose a war in order to get elected president.
- That Obama gave wounded troops the cold shoulder.
- That during his tour of Iraq Obama was goofing around playing basketball instead of meeting with the troops.
- That Obama is a vapid celebrity like Paris Hilton.
- That Obama is an elitist who eats "chocolate roasted-peanut protein bars" and drinks fancy-schmancy iced tea.
- That Obama is playing the race card, just like Johnnie Cochran.
That's pretty intense. In any event, item 1 on the list should have been a campaign killer (and it was said by McCain himself four times). To have the candidate of one major party accuse the other candidate of choosing to lose a war
in order to get elected is basically a charge of treason.
Well, that's what happens when you run a candidate with no record. Both sides get to project whatever they want onto the pristine, blank canvas.