uggabugga





Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Break down of Hillary Clinton's June 3 Election Night Remarks in New York:

By paragraph:
  1. Congratulates "Senator Obama and his supporters on the extraordinary race that they have run".
  2. "sixteen months ago, you and I began a journey to make history"
  3. "wonderful women in their nineties ... came out to see me because they were born before women could vote" "Who will be the strongest candidate and the strongest president?"
  4. Popular vote argument. "Nearly eighteen million of you cast your votes for our campaign, carrying the popular vote with more votes than any primary candidate in history".
  5. Electoral College argument: "we won together the swing states necessary to get to 270 electoral votes"

  6. I stand for the "deepest values" of the Democratic party, which includes "count[ing] every single vote".
  7. Stayed in the race; all voices heard.
  8. "I am committed to uniting our Party ... to take back the White house this November".
  9. I've seen factories, families, innovators.
  10. I've seen scientists, struggling schools, caring teachers.

  11. "I will keep standing for" hardworking Americans.
  12. "... what does Hillary want?" Various policies and "the nearly 18 million Americans who voted for me to be respected"
  13. "public service is about helping people solve their problems"
  14. "I want universal health care".
  15. "I want an economy that works for all families", also "strong and smart" foreign policy.

  16. "These are the issues that brought me into this race".
  17. Supporters told me "don't quit, keep fighting, stay in this race for us".
  18. Help from supporters: "soldier on his third tour of duty in Iraq who told his wife ... to take his spending money and donate it to our campaign instead. The 11-year-old boy in Kentucky who sold his bike and video games to raise money for our campaign"
  19. "I will carry your stories and your dreams with me every day for the rest of my life".
  20. "Now the question is, where do we go from here ...", "I will be making no decisions tonight". "I hope you'll go to my website at HillaryClinton.com and share your thoughts with me and help in any way that you can."

  21. "In the coming days, I’ll be consulting with supporters and party leaders to determine how to move forward with the best interests of our party and our country ...". Thanks to family, staff.
  22. Anecdote of woman Hillary met in restaurant in Rapid City who was struggling with health care costs.
  23. "here in America, we are resilient, we are courageous, we embrace all of our people and that when we face our challenges together, there is no barrier we can't overcome, no dream we can't realize, nothing we can't do if we just start acting like Americans again"
No mention of Republicans. No mention of McCain.



1 comments

No mention of Republicans. No mention of McCain

No mention of conceding.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/05/2008 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment