uggabugga





Thursday, January 31, 2008

Edwards leaving the race will probably help Obama the most:

Edwards voters divide into two camps, progressives that follow the issues, and older folks. The progressive will turn to Obama. What about the non-progressive, older folks? Well, they may not want to vote for a black or a woman, or if they do vote, they will divide randomly between Obama and Clinton.

The Democratic party harbors a small percentage of voters that are old-fashioned bigots (on race and/or gender). Who do you think they've been voting for up til now? When such a voter looked at the ballot and saw the names Barack, Hillary, and John, who do you think they picked? And who do you think they'll pick, or will they pick anyone at all, now that John Edwards is gone?



3 comments

The progressives will vote for Obama?

You've got three here who aren't going to.

By Blogger Lettuce, at 1/31/2008 1:58 PM  

I was hoping for Edwards to catch fire and was planning on voting for him Tuesday. With Barack & Hillary not much seperating the two - policies seem like Nixon era republicans to me.

So who gets my vote Tuesday? Obama. I just can't see how two families can be VP or Prez for potentially 36 years. And Jeb is still lurking.

I think we know what to expect from Clinton. Maybe we get something new from Obama. Either one gets my vote in the fall, and I wish them the best as I think they are facing a giant shitpile.

FYI - 50 year old white guy in rich white republican suburb of STL, MO.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/2008 11:07 PM  

Edwards supporter here.

Both of the Senators have moved left, thanks to Edwards leadership. Both are smart and, even though they are both far less liberal than Edwards, would be miles better than what we have. I like Senator Clinton's health care policy better than Obama's, I like his ability to draw voters. Either one of them would be targets of the radical right but perhaps they would be less poisonouis with Senator Barak than with Senator Clinton. Then again, she has survived the heat of that kitchen and knows what to expect. He's a little dewey-eyed.

If we took the best aspects of all three -- we would have the late great Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. I miss her.

Those of us in Texas don't get to vote yet, so I still have not made up my mind. It is not an easy decision. It may be all rolled up by the time it gets to us. I will be happy to vote for either in the general election (even though I greatly preferred Edwards' policies and leadership).

djmm

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/01/2008 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment