When will Fox News Channel poll on John McCain's age?
This is for real. Fox
: (emp add)
FOX News Poll: Americans’ 'Age Gauge' on Hillary Is Solid
NEW YORK — One in five Americans (20 percent) correctly estimates that Hillary Clinton was to turn 60 years old on Friday, according to a FOX News poll. In fact, a scant 11 percent of voters think the senator from New York is older than 60, while a majority (57 percent) guess a variety of ages younger than 60.
Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from Oct. 23 to Oct. 24. The poll has a 3-point error margin.
Interestingly, men (21 percent) are just about as likely as women (19 percent) to peg Hillary’s age at 60.
Oddly, Democrats (8 percent) are less likely than Republicans (13 percent) to correctly guess Clinton’s age.
The Democratic presidential contender’s contemporaries (voters aged 55 to 64) are the mostly likely age group to accurately estimate her age (35 percent).
When asked to pick the most appropriate theme song for a hypothetical birthday party, the most popular of the offered choices is "If I Ruled the World" by Tony Bennett (32 percent), followed closely by "I am Woman" by Helen Reddy (31 percent). "Stand by Your Man" by Tammy Wynette trailed in third position at 19 percent.
In case you were wondering, the poll question about "most appropriate theme song" was: (pdf here
Hillary Clinton turns 60 years old later this week. If you had to pick a theme song for her birthday party, which one of the following would you choose?
1. "If I Ruled the World" by Tony Bennett
2. "I am Woman" by Helen Reddy
3. "Stand by Your Man" by Tammy Wynette
5. (Don't know)
Bringing up the "Stand by Your Man" song is a direct reference to Hillary's statement on 60 Minutes in 1992 in the wake of allegations about Bill's womanizing. From the BBC
In the interview Mrs Clinton said: "I'm not sitting here, some little woman standing by her man. I'm sitting here because I love him and I respect him."
Her statement raised a stink at the time. Tammy Wynette was pissed. Fox is bringing up a 15-year old story for no other reason than to gin up the Bill & Hillary soap opera.
Raising the "age question" about a woman is really low. It is congruent with the "have you lost your looks?" query, which is a devaluation of a person's mind and accomplishments. It is usually directed at women.
Should we expect more polls by Fox on the following questions:
- Who has more hair on their head, Fred Thompson or Rudy Guiliani?
- Is John McCain's skin tone more like a leper or a cadaver?
- Does 59-year old Duncan Hunter use hair dye once a week or once a month?
- Same question about 60-year old Mitt Romney.
- Same question about 61-year old Tom Tancredo.
- Should people call Giuliani by his real first name, Rudolph?
- Don't you think a name like "Rudolph" is kind of, you know, not very macho?
- Do you think Baptist minister Mike Hickabee handles snakes and drinks poison on weekends?
- Romney has five sons and no daughters. Do you think that's the result of pre-natal screening and selective abortions? Or is it the result of Mormon sorcery?
- Which is more apt, to speak of Fred Thompson's "dewlaps" or "wattles"?
- During Romney's "pre-mortal existence", what do you think he was up to?
These poll questions are brilliant.