Joe Klein is a turd:
In his infamous essay
about FISA and the Democrats, Joe Klein made the following statements: (emp add)
- "Democrats in Congress, ... are being foolishly partisan"
- "[Democrats] continued indulgence in these futile, symbolic gestures conveys a sense of weakness and incompetence"
- "The Democratic strategy on the FISA legislation in the House is ... foolish"
- "[The Democrats' bill] is well beyond stupid"
- "Speaker Nancy Pelosi quashed the House Intelligence Committee's bipartisan effort"
- "[Pelosi] supported a Democratic bill that -- Limbaugh is salivating -- would require the surveillance of every foreign-terrorist target's calls to be approved by the FISA court
In Klein's correction
, to be issued in the next issue of Time, we read:
"I was wrong to write last week that the House Democratic version of the Foreign intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) would require a court approval of individual foreign surveillance targets. The bill does not explicitly say that. Republicans believe it can be interpreted that way, but Democrats don’t. To read the disputed section of the bill, go to time.com/fisa."
Joe is correcting only the last claim in the list above. At no point does Klein retract his statements that Democrats are engaging in stupid, futile, foolishly partisan symbolic gestures that convey weakness and incompetence, which play right into the hands of Limbaugh
. Which are charges based on Klein's initial misunderstanding of the legislation.