Shorter David Brooks:
If you're unhappy about your economic situation, it's because:
- You're impatient. Wait for your reward.
- The 90's were good, so stop complaining.
- You're unable to celebrate stagnant wages (be reassured, income volatility is "probably" not trending upwards).
- You're stupid and don't work hard enough.
- You're not a good worker anyway.
- You're not working enough hours.
- You don't understand that the "filthy rich" are really some other guys, so stop bitching about CEO pay.
- Even if the CEOs are making out like bandits, unlike everyone else in a company, the CEOs get to be paid in proportion to the company's size.
- You can't appreciate that "we’re in the middle of one of the greatest economic eras ever"