Friday, November 03, 2006
Neocons are "combatting anti-Americanism in the United States"
So says Joshua Muravchik, resident scholar at AEI
. You have to read it to believe it. Start with this post
over at Belgravia Dispatch.
UPDATE: Here are some selected quotes from the AEI Short Publication
: (emp original)
- We neoconservatives have been through a startling few years. [...] The left had driven us from the Democratic Party, stolen the "liberal" label, and successfully affixed to us the name "neoconservative."
- One area of neoconservative thought that needs urgent reconsideration is the revolution in military strategy that our neocon hero, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, has championed.
- We need to give more thought to how we aid Middle Eastern moderates. [...] [W]e should develop and fund training programs back at home that allow Middle Eastern democrats to come to the United States--free of charge--to hone their electoral, organizational, and public relations skills. James Carville and Karl Rove should be the titular heads of this program.
- The Bush administration deserves criticism for its failure to repair America’s public diplomacy apparatus. No group other than neocons is likely to figure out how to do that. We are, after all, a movement whose raison d’être was combating anti-Americanism in the United States. Who better, then, to combat it abroad?
- Prepare to Bomb Iran. Make no mistake, President Bush will need to bomb Iran’s nuclear facilities before leaving office.
- Recruit Joe Lieberman for 2008.Twice in the last quarter-century we had the good fortune to see presidents elected who were sympathetic to our understanding of the world. [...] As for vice presidential candidates, how about Condoleezza Rice or even Joe Lieberman? Lieberman says he’s still a Democrat. But there is no place for him in that party. Like every one of us, he is a refugee. He’s already endured the rigors of running for the White House. In 2008, he deserves another chance ...
Neocons are the real liberals. Rummy is a hero. Have Carville and Rove train Middle East politicans. Keep combatting anti-Americanism in America. Bomb Iran. Lieberman in '08.
Yeah, makes complete sense.
Now we know where all the meth Ted Haggard bought but didn't use went.
and successfully affixed to us the name "neoconservative."
SO they proudly used this name as a brand for decades and now that people see the product is toxic, they're all in a tither about how someone managed to "affix" this name to them?
It's like aruging with an 8-year old.
I always thought GOP supporters were liberal to the Nth degree with regards to Bush.
I should rephrase...
Conservatives attack liberalism when applied to the masses, but are liberal to the Nth degree when applied to the few.
Dear blog owner, now you can earn money from outbound links. Please spend a minute to find out at: ClickHider.com. Thank you!
Yes, just respond to anything they say with, "Whyy..?". definitely like arguing with 8 year olds
dear comment-spam owner,
(clickhider), please spend a minute to kindly F off.
Neo-cons are largely former-Trotskyite Jews who have co-opted the title "conservative" and have thus gained control of the State Department, Pentagon, and National Security apparatus under the Bush regime. In reality, they are global, multicultural imperialists who see the U.S. as a "proposition nation" dedicated to re-making the world in its own corrupt and corrupting image.