Wednesday, October 04, 2006
A John Cole summary:
In a post responding to Red State's call
to keep the Republicans in power, Cole writes
That Red State can weather
and the hundreds of other things I can’t remember off the top of my head, and still think that they can get away with the pat assertion that the “Democrats are worse” is pretty astounding.
- the Iraq crisis,
- the budget explosion,
- Randall Cunningham,
- Foley and his complicit crew,
- the injection of religion in all things science,
- the wholesale endorsement of torture,
- the Prescription Drug Plan,
- the looming crisis in Afghanistan,
- the breakdown of the military,
- domestic surveillance,
- the abuses of Abu Ghraib and the mess that is Gitmo,
- our completely collapsed international standing,
- the passage of Campaign Finance Reform,
- numerous attempts to codify gay-bashing in the Constitution,
- the hideous Bankruptcy Bill,
- the Schiavo nonsense,
- the total abdication of administration oversight,
That's quite a list, isn't it?
Seems like much of that list is what GOP supporters favor. At this point, five years after 9/11, people are preaching to their respective choirs.
What can the Left do to appeal to the Right on some issues? It amazes me that with control of popular media and all the underhandedness of the Right, they only have 51% of the vote (as apparent in 2004, I mean).
If any of the issues can push GOP supporters to Libertarian or Dem votes, even a small drop in GOP support might put the Dems in a position as the opposition party.
Even so, if there is any way the Dems can lose this election, they may just find a way.
LOL...this is proof that John has finally flipped. He's been doing the "Dems aren't any better" routine for as long as I can remember. That he seems to have forgotten that tells me he's turned a corner.
i got an even longer list today. it's devastating.