uggabugga





Friday, January 13, 2006

New non-fiction bestseller headed your way:





3 comments

My impression is that there were many many reasons for the Iraq war - remaking the ME, proving our manhood, moving the Saudi bases elsewhere, WMD, securing the oilfields, showing up Daddy, protecting Israe, proving Rumsfeld's pet theories about warfare for future use, ending the humanitarian crises and general tyranny in Iraq, ...

I.e., I don't get your point.

By Blogger rilkefan, at 1/14/2006 10:27 AM  

Rikefan:

Point was that the book (above) was claiming to be a non-fiction book about genuine, credible reasons to go to war, but like Frey's bogus "A Million Little Pieces", it's all fiction. I.e. there were no good reasons to go to war.

By Blogger Quiddity, at 1/14/2006 7:55 PM  

I think my list above contains some good reasons to go to war - toppling Saddam, for example. That these reasons were outweighed by practical considerations, or turned out to be based on group-think or lies or self-delusion, is another issue. That there were many reasons to go to war seems clear from the historical record.

By Blogger rilkefan, at 1/18/2006 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment