uggabugga





Tuesday, April 26, 2005

It's not "people of faith", it's explicitly Christians:

From Justice Sunday: (emp add)
Putting more evangelicals on the court will mean rulings more in tune with the religious convictions of churchgoers, said R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville.

''We are not asking for persons merely to be moral,'' Mohler said. ''We want them to be believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.''
Being "merely moral" isn't enough. If that doesn't scare America, nothing will.


2 comments

I remember my John Greenleaf Whittier:

...in the old State House, dim as ghosts,
Sat the lawgivers of Connecticut,
Trembling beneath their legislative robes.
"It is the Lord's Great Day! Let us adjourn,"
Some said; and then, as if with one accord,
All eyes were turned to Abraham Davenport.
He rose, slow cleaving with his steady voice
The intolerabe hush. "This well may be
the Day of Judgement which the world awaits;
But be it so or not, I only know
My present duty, and my Lord's command
to occupy till He come. So at the post
Where He hath set me in His providence,
I choose, for one, to meet Him face to face,--
No faithless servant frightened from my task,
But ready when the Lord of the harvest calls;
And there, with all reverence, I would say,
Let God do His work, we will see to ours.
Bring in the candles." And they brought them in.

--Darryl Pearce / Ventura County, CA

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/26/2005 8:45 AM  

just a reminder: you get extra points for knowing french when applying for a canadian visa.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/28/2005 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment