uggabugga





Thursday, January 27, 2005

Haven't. Didn't. Wasn't.

Only loyalty matters. From the president's press conference yesterday: (emp add)
Q:   Mr. President, Dr. Rice again -- quoting your future Secretary of State, wrote in "Foreign Affairs Magazine" in 2000, outlining what a potential Bush administration foreign policy would be, talked about things like security interests, free trade pacts, confronting rogue nations, dealing with great powers like China and Russia -- but promotion of democracy and liberty around the world was not a signature element of that prescription. I'm wondering what's changed since 2000 that has made this such an important element of your foreign policy.

THE PRESIDENT: I'm the President; I set the course of this administration. I believe freedom is necessary in order to promote peace, Peter. I haven't seen the article you're referring to. I can assure you that Condi Rice agrees with me that it's necessary to promote democracy. I haven't seen the article, I didn't read the article. Obviously, it wasn't part of her job interview.
(Laughter.)
Laughter!


2 comments

It's interesting that the reporter mentions that Rice didn't talk about democracy promotion in the article, but not that Rice didn't talk about terrorism either.

Ginger Yellow

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/27/2005 8:54 AM  

No shit, he didn't read the article. I doubt the guy's read anything besides Penthouse since about 1974.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/27/2005 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment