uggabugga





Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Prices:

Last week we went to the grocery store and went to the frozen pizza section. There was a nice Red Baron pepperoni Pizzaria Style (rising crust). Normal price was $6.39 - but it was on sale at two for $9.00. So it was purchased and cooked and eaten (and pretty good for store bought).

This week another trip to the frozen section of the same store had the same pizza - and on sale again - but at a discount price of two for $10.00.

Yikes! Even discount prices are on the rise. Looks like something is afoot.


4 comments

I don't know where you live, but I'm in Southern California and I think the supermarkets are doing all sorts of things like this to make up for their lost revenues during the clerk strike...

I enjoy the site!

Steve B.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/23/2004 4:26 PM  

Great comment! I live in Southern California. The store in question was Alberton's.

By Blogger Quiddity, at 11/23/2004 5:50 PM  

I meant Albertson's.

By Blogger Quiddity, at 11/23/2004 5:51 PM  

could be the rise in gas prices affecting retail prices across the board. just last week I was at the grocery store in Austin TX and a single, non-organic green bell pepper was $1.29. needless to say, I'm expanding my garden for next year.

preznit giv me turkee

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/24/2004 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment