uggabugga





Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Daddy defends Dubya:

Bush's Father Dismisses Vietnam Claims:
President Bush's father says claims he used his influence to keep his son out of the Vietnam War are "a total lie."

In an interview aired Wednesday on CBS's "The Early Show," the president's father dismissed claims that he helped his son stay out of the conflict.

"They keep saying that and it's a lie, a total lie," former President George H.W. Bush said. "Nobody's come up with any evidence, and yet it's repeated all the time."
How then to explain this? Ben Barnes, the former Speaker of the House in Texas, the guy who got President Bush into the Texas Air National Guard:
"I got a young man named George W. Bush in the National Guard when I was Lt. Gov. of Texas and I’m not necessarily proud of that. But I did it. And I got a lot of other people into the National Guard because I thought that was what people should do, when you're in office you helped a lot of rich people. And I walked through the Vietnam Memorial the other day and I looked at the names of the people that died in Vietnam and I became more ashamed of myself than I have ever been because it was the worst thing that I did was that I helped a lot of wealthy supporters and a lot of people who had family names of importance get into the National Guard ..."


Simulated picture.


3 comments

As Hastert would put it, how does it matter that we don't have "evidence". Surely the important thing is that his father COULD HAVE pulled strings? I mean, we just don't know, do we?

Maynard Handley

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/01/2004 3:50 PM  

Last time I was in DC, I took a rubbing of that one.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/01/2004 5:31 PM  

You are just WAY TOO good at photoshop

By Blogger Blogger, at 9/01/2004 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment