uggabugga





Saturday, March 06, 2004

In case you missed it:

We removed a set of images from our post below, and replaced it with this:
WE GET LETTERS:
please remove the photos

The photos of people jumping are awful. Please, I agree with your point, but the images are just too, too disturbing.


OUR RESPONSE:
I shall remove the photos as you request. But first, I would like to say why they were put up. I consider those images to be the most powerful and terrifying of all from the day of the attack. Why? Because some people decided, in a matter of a half-hour or so, to kill themselves. What was going through their minds at the time must have been awful. And looking down and deciding to jump is frankly, something I cannot imagine.

Because Bush decided to make political points out of dead bodies (though I read that the image in the ad was actually of actors and props made up to look like they were from Ground Zero), I decided to put the ultimate imagry of the pain and suffering with Bush's campaign theme (Steady leadership in times of change).

I debated whether to put those images up, and consulted with a number of people on the subject. The feeling was that it was extremely strong, but justified in light of what Bush did with his ads.

I apologize for causing upset with my readers, and will take down the images.


0 comments

Post a Comment