uggabugga





Saturday, March 06, 2004

I have an obligation:

On ABC national news, Bush was shown reacting to the criticism of the campaign ads that included footage of a casket being carried by firemen. Bush was shown saying:
"I will continue to speak about the effects of 9/11 on our country and my presidency. I will continue to mourn the loss of life on that day, but I'll never forget the lessons."
And then the reporter said that "The president went so far as to call it his obligation to the victims of 9/11" but the network did not broadcast that part of Bush's statement. However, earlier that evening on a local ABC affiliate, Bush was shown saying:
"I have an obligation to those who died. I have an obligation to those who were heroic in their attempts to rescue. And I won't forget that obligation."
NOTE: 150k .wav file of both statement by Bush is here.

UPDATE: In Sunday's New York Times article, there was no mention of the "obligation" statements by Bush.


0 comments

Post a Comment