Nader 2004 trivia:
[PORTION HERE ABOUT NADER'S STATEMENT TAKEN DOWN PENDING RESOLUTION OF CERTAIN FACTS]
Over at the hyper-conservative Free Republic
message boards, we read the following comments: (threads: 400+ posts
, 30+ posts
, 100+ posts
- Go Nader!! We love you.
- Run, Ralph, run!
- God Speed Ralph Nader!
- Since he's running as an independent, he may gain more of that vote. FREEPERS who live in Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Florida, New Hampshire, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas, and West Virginia must get him on the ballot.
- Oh Yeah! GO RALPH GO!
- THERE IS A GOD!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!
- Is it possible that Nader is a closet Republican? LOL
- What a LOSER ! But, THANKS, Ralphie !!
From the Meet the Press transcript
, we note the following comments by Nader: (emphasis added)
- ... the liberal intelligentsia ... agrees with almost all our positions.
- So I think the liberal intelligentsia has got to ask itself a tough question, Tim. For 25 years they have let their party run away from them.
- We just can't sit back like The Nation magazine and betray its own traditions, and the liberal intelligentsia, and once again settle for the least worst and watch both parties get worse every four years ...
"liberal intelligentsia" ?
We did a quick Google search (web and news) expecting to see that expression used by the conservative press, but it appears to be (at least for now) distributed evenly across the political spectrum and used most frequently to refer to a political faction in Russia.