uggabugga





Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Pretty poor poet:

Bush was recently in the news for having penned a poem for Laura. Here is how it was reported in the New York Daily News:
As her husband watched quietly, [Laura] recited it.

"Dear Laura," the poem began, "Roses are red, violets are blue, oh my lump in the bed, I miss you.
"The distance, my dear, has been such a barrier, next time you want an adventure, just land on a carrier."
But that was not the full poem. Here it is, courtesy of the Sunday Mirror:
"Dear Laura, Roses are red, Violets are blue,
Oh my lump in the bed, How I've missed you.
Roses are redder, Bluer am I,
Seeing you kissed by that charming French guy.
The dogs and the cat, they missed you too,
Barney's still mad you dropped him, he ate your shoe.
The distance, my dear, has been such a barrier,
Next time you want an adventure, just land on a carrier."
And the article goes on to note:
... art critic Brian Sewell attacked it as "drivel". He said: "He should have something better to do, especially considering the problems in Iraq."
He ate your shoe?

Reading this poem confirms our opinion that Bush is a dolt.


0 comments

Post a Comment