uggabugga





Thursday, June 19, 2003

Dog the Bounty Hunter should be dead:

Breaking news this morning is that fugitive serial rapist Andrew Luster was captured before dawn today by bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman. Chapman is a well known bounty hunter who's bagged: Quinton Wortham, Capital Hill rapist; Wayne Williams, Atlanta child murderer; William Scatarie, white supremacist and convicted murderer of Denver radio shock jock Alan Berg.

MESSAGE TO THE RIGHT WING: You can say all you want about how much you like this guy, but by all rights he should be six feet under.

Why?

Because he once served time in a Texas prison for first-degree murder. Think about it. If Chapman had:
  • A typically incompetent judge-appointed lawyer.
  • Alberto R. Gonzales (currently White House counsel) prepare the death-penalty memoranda.
  • Bush review the case.
Ol' Dog wouldn't be around today.

But you might say that Chapman deserved a second chance because he became a born-again Christian and had turned his life around. Sorry. That doesn't cut it with Bush. After all, he didn't let that stop Texas from executing Carla Faye Tucker. Let's read what Bush had to say on the matter: (emphasis added)
GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH: Well, Carla Faye Tucker was a convicted murderess who was on Death Row and she - you know - converted her life to Christ.

JIM LEHRER: While she was on Death Row?

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH: While she was on Death Row. And the reason I knew that was because she was on "Larry King Live" and other TV shows telling her story, and she was a compelling witness to the Lord, I thought. And unfortunately I saw her, and I say unfortunately because like many other Americans I fell in love with her story. And I was most impressed by her, and yet my job as the governor of Texas is to uphold the law of the land. My job isn't to judge somebody's heart. I believe that's up to the almighty God to make that decision. And so when confronted with the facts - the two questions that a governor - at least I ask - is guilt or innocence and was … Carla Faye - either had full access to the courts of law in the state of Texas and Washington, D.C., in the federal courts - when I answered those affirmatively, I signed the - the execution went forward.


0 comments

Post a Comment