uggabugga





Wednesday, August 14, 2002

The Bush economic forum: Session on Corporate Responsibility. One of the attendees was June Lennon, small business owner and CPA, who as Commerce Secretary Don Evans put it, " has some thoughts on what has happened in the accounting world over the last 12 months." What did Ms. Lennon have to say?

MS. LENNON: Another way [to fight corporate fraud] is to simplify the tax laws [that] feed into this mess, and I know a lot of people -- I have been trying for years to get the tax code abolished. And people say, why are you, a CPA, doing that? I said, because it's so I can help my businesses -- my clients grow their business, instead of doing government paperwork for them.


THE PRESIDENT: ... thank you very much for that, June.



0 comments

Post a Comment